WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The position will be focused on maintaining accurate inventory of IT software licenses, coordinating license maintenance agreement renewals, conducting internal software license reviews, tracking software assets and creating metrics-based reports for management review.
The Asset Management Analyst position is a member of the IT Asset Management Team. This highly customer-oriented position supports the lifecycle of WarnerMedia’ s technology software assets.
Software Asset Management:
- Experience working in every stage of Software Lifecycle Management.
- Responsible for the audit, compliance, receiving and tracking of software licenses through procurement and software discovery tools.
- Showcase knowledge of enterprise software license agreements (including perpetual, subscription and cloud models), supplier licensing terms and conditions, terminology and policies with suppliers such as Microsoft, Adobe, VMware, etc.
- Establish SAM system operations, enhancements, data integrity, identifying savings and resolving data anomalies and inconsistencies.
- Develop trusted relationships with relevant businesses, including legal, procurement, finance, tax, infrastructure, engineers, architecture, project management, development, data or process owners, IT operations, business users, vendors/resellers, etc.
- Create and track work requests to distribute software licenses.
- Experience working in Service Management platforms (Remedy, ServiceNow).
- Experience working in Financial Management platforms (SAP Ariba, Oracle).
- Experience working with or implementing Network Discovery tools (ServiceNow Discovery, Flexera, Eracent).
- Compares entitlements to deployments and provides associated analysis including needs for purchases.
- Supports license key management program in support of Software Asset Management.
- Works with asset owners to validate asset data discrepancies.
- Tracks and analyzes software compliance through discovery data and licensing metrics.
- Assists with assigning licenses or subscriptions as required (Infrastructure, Broadcast, & End user)
- Experience managing software deployments using 3rd party consoles/portals (Microsoft O365, VMware, Adobe, Cisco SmartNet).
- Coordinates with Procurement and Finance for proper software cost allocation.
- Creates and maintains precise entitlement reconciliation reports.
- Organizes and maintains multiple software deployment trackers.
- 3+ years' experience IT Software Asset Management
- 3+ years' experience Vendor Management
- 3+ years' experience Information Technology
- 3+ years’ experience Customer Service
- Experience with Financial Analysis
- Advanced Experience with MS Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, financial formulas)
- Bachelor's degree in financial, technical or business discipline and/or equivalent work experience (Preferred)
- ITAM Certification (IAITAM, License Logic) CITAM, CSAM, CHAMP, CITAD) (Preferred)
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.