The Senior Producer for Amanpour based in London is responsible for working alongside the Executive Editor to oversee the production of the show with anchor Christiane Amanpour. The Senior Producer will be a control-room experienced output producer and when required deputise for the Executive Editor.
What you’ll be doing:
- Outputs the show in the control room on rotation with other show producers on the team
- Oversees the Producers to determine which stories will be presented and how.
- Monitors the wires, liaises with the assignment desk and supervisors in other locations to ensure editorial excellence and that all content is compliant with CNN’s editorial standards and the show’s mission statement.
- During special programmes or breaking news coverage, the Senior Producer will lead and co-ordinate production teams in London and New York and in the field.
- Special coverage may include overnight or weekend events, such as election results shows.
- Responsible for the show production rota, making sure the output has the right number of writers and producers in relevant locations each day.
- Deputises for Executive Editor when required
- Helps to lead and mentor the writers and producers to further their development; this may include formal annual appraisals for writers and other team members.
What we’re looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of international news, global geo-politics and U.S. news stories
- Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
- Excellent control room experience outputting newscasts
- Proven gallery skills
- Proven leadership skills managing a team
- Good knowledge of television production
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strong experience in a news environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Soho, however we are moving to new offices in Old Street.
To find out more about WarnerMedia take a look here
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.