New Technical Services Technician: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (WBSTL) is one of the UK’s most popular visitor attractions, is ranked as the No. 1 “Thing To Do in the UK” on Trip Advisor where it has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for every year of operation and has achieved consistent visitor growth since opening in March 2012.
Following our recent expansion, we are looking to recruit a Technical Services Technician to join an established team, ensuring that our substantial technical infrastructure is kept fully operational and pushing boundaries, and constantly maintaining high presentation standards to help the attraction exceed visitor expectations.
Primary Purpose of the Job
The role is responsible for frontline Duty Technician as and when required in response to the day-to-day technical needs of the attraction and the Technician is required to provide the highest levels of customer service to visitors to the attraction and internal customers.
- Ensure all WBSTL technical and exhibition related maintenance requirements are delivered within agreed schedules and standards.
- Assist with the delivery of live events as and when required.
- Ensure public and staff safety at all times.
- Monitor protection of assets and equipment within the tour areas in order to maintain the level of quality, reliability and maximise life span.
- Comply with internal health and safety regulations and working practices at all times.
- Maintain good communication channels across all departments including Visitor Experience, Studio Facilities and Corporate Archive.
- Work as part of a project team for future development and installation projects as directed by the Technical Services Manager/Team leader.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the WBSTL and form part of the Visitor Services team covering weekends, evenings and school holidays 363 days a year on a shift pattern involving AM and PM shifts.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record in a similar maintenance position, preferably in the entertainment, visitor attraction or service industry.
- Knowledge of live event production and the relevant audio-visual skills involved in the delivery of such events.
- Experience of working with installed audio-visual show systems and fault finding and trouble shooting on these as required.
- Basic carpentry and maintenance skills and a good working knowledge of workshop environments.
- Previous experience of working in an operational and customer facing environment where there are significant numbers of the general public on site.
- Previous experience of working as part of a team.
- Fully conversant with and possesses an excellent up to date working knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations.
- Practical knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Proven IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and associated packages.
- Ability to work with others in order to develop aims of the business, whilst being flexible and able to adapt to working in a highly dynamic and demanding environment.
- Basic knowledge of I.T switch networks and I.P based control systems.
- GCSE Maths and English, grade C or above.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant qualifications related to the role such as PASMA, IPAF etc.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.