Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (WBSTL) is one of the UK’s most popular visitor attractions, is ranked as the No. 1 “Thing To Do in the UK” on Trip Advisor where it has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for every year of operation and has achieved consistent visitor growth since opening in March 2012.
Due to constant growth and expansion we are now seeking a Team Leader to join our busy Visitor experience department. We are looking for a strong team leader who has experience of motivating individuals to achieve team goals along with demonstrable success of delivering enhanced customer experience from customer feedback.
What this role will entail...
To support the Visitor Experience Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure that our visitors are welcomed warmly to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour and that they experience the very highest standards of customer care and interpretive support in an exciting, intriguing and safe environment.
- To play an active role in supporting excellence in the delivery of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter, providing a warm welcome for all visitors
- Lead the Interactor team and supervise the duties of team through the day.
- Creating rotas daily and updating Time and Attendance System daily
- Ensure that interactors proactively engage and assist visitors using interpretation skills, Harry Potter film knowledge, film-making techniques and scripted and non scripted presentations.
- To create support sheets for staff, sharing interesting facts, stories, statistics and information, of the full range of experiences, products and services available to visitors and staff at appropriate points in the Visitor Journey within Brand Guidelines
- Present a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable interface between the attraction itself and all visitors to the attraction, working as an ambassador for both Interpretation of the site, the attraction and specific elements within the attraction
- Deal proactively with any visitor or team issues that may arise during the course of you duties – escalating any issues where appropriate and holding formal meetings when required.
- Ensure safety of all staff and colleagues in accordance with WB policies and procedures
- Ensure that all daily reporting and administrative requirements are completed to a satisfactory standard and in a timely manner
- Perform designated tasks as per daily operational requirements and as directed by a team leader or line manager
- To be the initial point of contact for any customer feedback
- Promote interpretive talks, guidebooks, audio guides and retail products to visitors
- Carry out daily briefings and take personal responsibility for keeping abreast of latest internal communications and passing this information to the team
- Provide point of contact support for all visitor orientated issues – missing child, incidents, theft, security issues, threats, suspicious package etc
- You will be required to stand for up to 4 hours at a time, performing light lifting and working outdoors
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of having provided a high standard of customer service in a visitor focused, customer service or retail environment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as possessing an understanding of the varied needs of our visitors
- Willingness to accept and instil discipline in accordance with WBSTL policies throughout the team as supported by VE Manager
- Enjoyment of working confidently with the general public with a particular focus on families and young people
- Demonstrable influencing and listening skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn new skills and adapt to new situations within a visitor focused environment
- Excellent timekeeping
- Knowledge of a foreign language is desirable
- Excellent, communication, interpersonal and reasoning skills
- The ability to communicate interpretive elements to visitors
- Presentations skills – ability to speak in public
- Previous work experience in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of and an interest in the Harry Potter Story and/or film making
- Ability to absorb written communiqués and transfer information on to visitors
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to adapt to new situations
- Flexibility of approach to working environment needs
- Ability to answer visitor’s questions
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Up to 40 hours a week working shifts.
Regular weekend and evening work required.
Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.