- Gather business requirements and translate those into an analytics execution plan
- Work with data engineers and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design best-suited, robust and scalable data science endpoint
- Work with technology and engineering teams to help design and execute enterprise and analytic solution
- Build business logic, model or analytic end points in a cloud infrastructure and co-ordinate the update/refresh cycles across different functional areas
- Work with technology data engineers to facilitate data enrichment and publishing of analytic end points in an enterprise data lake as well as other stakeholder platforms
- Assist in the ML (machine learning) model deployment and production execution
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually improve quality and reliability of metadata pipelines
- Works independently, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make decisive technical calls in complicated environments.
- Deep curiosity and a demonstrable ability to craft original solutions
- Highly communicative with collaborators and manager
- Proactive in seeking out unforeseen opportunities
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic, team environment with possible remote organization with minimal documentation and process
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong, demonstrated background in moving quickly from ideation to exploratory code (R or Python). Hands on experience and expertise with analytic scripting R, Python, SQL.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in data engineering, development with track record of processing, enriching and extracting value from large datasets
- Strong experience in incrementally building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions
- Solid experience on database development, management and ETL at big data platform
- Familiar with various data science techniques and ML concepts and implement models developed with these techniques into production environment
- Experience in media content metadata a plus
- Entertainment or media industry a big plus
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.