Responsible for assisting in the forecasting, financial reporting and business analysis for HBO Programming. Reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Preparation of the current year forecasts (P&L and Cash Flow) and related variance analyses (against Budget, prior year, and prior forecasts)
- Report actual and projected cash flows on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Provide support to Accounting Business Services (ABS) team for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting (P&L & Balance Sheet) and related variance analyses (against Budget and forecasts)
- Review contracts and evaluate and apply the contract/term deals in accordance with applicable accounting literature
- Assist in the development, implementation, launch and integration of Hyperion system upgrades
- Provide day-to-day financial/operational support, including; process improvement, account maintenance, and ad-hoc analyses
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for the department
- Collaborate with 3rd party payroll service to process all east coast-based talent and crew payments
- Provide trend analysis for contractual payments and apply to cash forecasts
- Research and report viewership trends as it relates to HBO amortizable titles
- Remain informed regarding HBO programming as well as the financial statement impact of potential future programming
- Take on additional responsibilities, assist with new projects, and develop new reports for Senior Management.
- Proactively identify and implement internal process improvements in order to optimize efficiencies and improve the quality of analysis
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred, with combined minimum of 2 years of professional and/or public accounting experience
- Must possess strong work ethic and solid analytical, technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Individual must demonstrate a macro perspective while being attentive to detail
- Highly motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong Excel skills and ability to adapt to various financial reporting systems. (Oracle and financial modeling a plus)
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.