We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Production Assistant for Cuomo Prime Time works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics.
- Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, and for pitching both package and guest ideas.
- The PA will also run teleprompter in the control room.
- They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
- The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
- Must be able to regularly work an overnight or early morning shift and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics.
- Newsroom experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Knowledge of current events and strong editorial judgement are also important.
- Able to juggle many tasks at once.
- Experience in editing a plus.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.