The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at HBO enables media and business workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports media supply chain applications and workflows that are used for the creation, processing, managing, transforming, and distribution of HBO’s media assets and are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success. Realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines such as architecture, development, and program management.
We are looking for a highly skilled Architect with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing the entire media supply chain. The successful candidate must demonstrate successful track record in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment. This position is based out of our Manhattan office.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of WarnerMedia’s media supply chain domains and drive the end-to-end design for workflows integrating these domains
- Work with engineering teams in designing and developing architecturally and strategically sound solutions
- Evaluate solutions including third-party and custom-built solutions that best fit the business need
- Document and articulate solutions for both a business and technical audience
- Work on roadmaps for achieving the future-state architecture and technology stack for applications
- Mentor technical team members to enhance their skillset
- 5+ years of established track record in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud/hybrid environments
- Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
- Expertise and hands-on experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices architectures
- Expertise and hands-on experience in server-side technologies such as Spring Boot and front-end frameworks such as Angular
- Expertise and hands-on experience in database concepts for RDBMS’ such as Oracle as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Hands-on experience in various AWS technologies such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, SAM, RDS
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD practices and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in media industry desirable
- Strong communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.