We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Temporary Senior Producer
- The Senior Producer is the architect and is responsible for the editorial content of assigned newscast(s) and its execution; requiring impeccable editorial skills and production skills.
- He/she works directly with anchor(s) regarding show content, reviews story selection and creates show rundowns, handles graphic requests, coordinates with reporters, and oversees writers and other show team members.
- The Senior Producer is the editorial point person in the Control Room during live shows/segments, and serves as primary backup for the Supervising Producer.
- The Senior Producer will have strong editorial and show production experience and will often be tapped to handle special projects and extended live event/breaking news coverage.
- The Senior Producer position is a team leader that requires exercising positive team leadership skills and interpersonal skills in their day to day.
- He/she reports to the Supervising Producer, and fills in for Supervising Producer as needed.
- 5 years of experience line producing in a local station or at the network level.
- Excellent writing, communication skills.
- Must have outstanding editorial skills and production skills.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work long hours under deadline pressures.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or similar work experience is required.
- Good knowledge of international news and current affairs plus business news is essential.
- Knowledge of modern TV news production techniques.
- Language skills and fluency are desirable, but not mandatory.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.