Enterprise Financial Services (EFS) is Warner Bros.’ global shared services accounting function. EFS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
We are currently looking for a confident, flexible, and proactive team player to join our Global Theatrical Distribution Accounting team. This Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, EFS, and plays a key role in the day-to-day general accounting activities and processes, preparation of variance explanations and deliverables, as well as presentations to executives.
- Performing variance analysis on results comparing actual theatrical operating performance to forecast / ultimate. This analysis is presented during the monthly review meetings with business unit finance, sales, and marketing executives. Quarterly theatrical cause of change packages (prepared based on this variance analysis).
- Leading meetings with business unit, territory finance teams, and business process outsourcing (BPO) team, both during and after close to review and understand theatrical performance.
- Preparing and reviewing trial balances of multiple legal entities on a quarterly basis and explaining significant / irregular balances. This analysis is presented during the quarterly meeting with EFS executives.
- Analyzing and approving actual results for the quarter / month / year end closing process.
- Managing and guiding offshore BPO teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing global theatrical process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
- Foreign currency exchange rate gain / loss analysis.
- Intercompany cash settlement proposals and cash management for Canadian affiliates.
- Researching US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and providing accounting guidance to ensure proper compliance.
- Reviewing account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensuring resolution of aged items.
- Assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, auditing testing, identifying areas of control risk and design, and recommend mitigating control procedures.
- Working closely with internal TW auditors and external E&Y auditors as needed.
- Completing ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 3-5 years of experience working in accounting or related financial area. Preference “Big 4” accounting experience preferred. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word, and knowledge of SAP
- Embrace and thrive during change.
- Ability to coach others and deliver feedback.
- Manage intermediate-level processes and projects with minimal input from others.
- Manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with internal and external persons at all levels.
- Domestic & international travel as needed.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.