HBO Programming is responsible for original comedy & fictional drama series (i.e. WATCHMEN, BIG LITTLE LIES, THE RIGHTEOUS GEMSTONES, BARRY, etc.). Programming develops new potential series, from pitch to pilot, and simultaneously oversees the day to days of shows currently airing on HBO
- Script Coverage
- Draft Comparisons
- Desk coverage for assistants (phone rolling, scheduling, etc…)
- Distributing and collecting mail daily
- Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, coffee, etc.)
- Sending daily Trades Reports with important/relevant industry news
- Preparing conference rooms for pitches
- Script Collating/Filing
- Coffee runs/walking errands
- Support Series department executives and assistants (In general, being available and proactive for any task)
- Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study
- Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Independent, self-starter and motivated to learn
- Strong Writing and Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Industry
- Organized and proactive
- Script Coverage Experience preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing).
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.