HBO’s West Coast Production department produces all the original material shown on HBO in both the series, films/miniseries, and Cinemax divisions.
Our interns experience the day to day activities of a cable network production and post production department and gain a great perspective of that market, the industry in general, and the jobs it offers.
- Assist Production and Post Production Assistants in every-day tasks such as answering phones, taking messages, rolling calls with executives, and maintaining their calendars
- Work with Production and Post Production Coordinators and Managers on assignments as needed
- Order office supplies and general office maintenance
- Make copies of meeting materials and set up rooms for meetings
- Maintain and create spreadsheets
- Perform research projects as needed
- Review music licenses
- File and organize current project documents and archive old ones
- Academics in TV/Film Production or Critical Studies, with an interest in pursuing a career in Physical Production or Post Production
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many responsibilities at once
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Candidates that can handle themselves professionally in an office environment, with good phone etiquette, a solid work ethic, and an eagerness to learn.
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing).
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.