As a Content Data Scientist on the HBO Max Data & Analytics team, you will join the exciting Content Intelligence & Metadata team to translate our programming and content executives' business requirements into analytical solutions. You will design and execute end-to-end analytical solutions within a cloud-based analytic infrastructure, partner with data engineering and analytic teams in transforming the insights into actionable endpoints, carrying the data science or analytical solution to production and managing the publication of the endpoints for downstream consumption. You also be involved in delivering the insights back to the creative business executives.
- Gather business requirements from our content, programming and product executives and translate those strategies, business questions into KPI's, data structures and analytical solutions to help them make their content acquisition, development, programing and scheduling decisions.
- Work with data scientists and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design intuitive data structures and create the best-suited data structures for modeling and analysis.
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary analytic end points in a cloud-based data science infrastructure and co-ordinate the update/refresh cycles across different functional area.
- Work with technology data engineers to facilitate publishing of analytic end points in an enterprise data lake as well as other stakeholder platforms.
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually identify and fix issue that could enforce robust analytic process.
- Assist in identifying and solving data quality concerns in analytic data transformation pipeline.
- Work with the content intelligence team to enrich and improve our content metadata.
- Maintain and own all workflow documents up to date.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, engineer, mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience translating business needs & stakeholder questions into analytic frameworks.
- Data wrangler extraordinaire (Python, R, SQL) who can bring analytical rigor to help guide data driven decision making.
- Experience with AWS Solutions (S3, EMR, Glue, Sagemaker, Lambda, Step functions, Cloud Watch, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing statistical models, advanced analytics and business intelligence.
- Bias towards action & a willingness to iterate and improve methodologies over time.
- Prizes pragmatically delivering value over analytical idealism.
- Interest in shows & movies and understanding how & why viewers engage in content.
- Experience building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
- Familiar with various analytical and data science techniques and implement models and analyses developed with these techniques into production environment.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic and some remote organization with minimal documentation and process.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Entertainment or media industry a BIG plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law