As a Content Metadata Engineer on the Content Intelligence & Metadata team, you will work help us build the content metadata infrastructure necessary to fuel content analyses, data science, reporting. In addition, this metadata infrastructure will need to feed the operational support of personalization, search and discovery in our OTT apps. You will work with other technology teams in WarnerMedia and possibly AT&T to design and execute end-to-end solutions within a cloud-based analytic infrastructure, partnering with data science, analytic, content and product teams in translating their requirements into a data infrastructure that can implemented with the Data & Analytics data engineering team, enterprise and DTC technology and other WarnerMedia media supply chain / technology teams.
- Gather business requirements and translate those into a metadata execution plan.
- Work with data scientists and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design best-suited, robust and scalable metadata endpoint.
- Work with technology and engineering teams to help design and execute enterprise and analytic content metadata solution for use in content strategy, personalization and experimentation.
- Build business logic and analytic end points in a cloud infrastructure and co-ordinate the update/refresh cycles across different functional areas.
- Work with technology data engineers to facilitate content identification, title mapping, metadata enrichment, and publishing of analytic end points in an enterprise data lake as well as other stakeholder platforms.
- Assist in the ML (machine learning) model deployment and production execution.
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually improve quality and reliability of metadata pipelines.
- Monitor and ensure all the batch and live streaming jobs run smoothly end to end, are optimized and troubleshoot job failure and warnings.
- Design and implement data quality framework on content metadata pipeline.
- Maintain and own all workflow documents up to date.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in data engineering, development with track record of processing, enriching and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience in media content metadata and relational, non-relational databases (Snowflake, DynamoDB) and graph databases.
- Strong knowledge of AWS Solutions (S3, EMR, Glue, Sagemaker, Lambda, Step functions, Cloud Watch, etc.)
- Experience in incrementally building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
- Hands on experience and expertise with analytic scripting R, Python, SQL.
- Solid experience on database development, management and ETL at big data platform.
- Familiar with various data science techniques and ML concepts and implement models developed with these techniques into production environment.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic, team environment with possible remote organization with minimal documentation and process.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Entertainment or media industry a big plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law