Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
As part of the Content Discovery: Navigation & Browse Team, you would be part of the team that owns the user experience when using HBO Max. We work closely with design to develop the technology needed to bring to life new ways of browsing our vast content catalog. We are responsible for navigation across users and devices. We build the framework for editorial teams to highlight content our users would enjoy.
For HBO Max, we are creating a new style of video recommendation that has never been done before. We are designing systems to tailor the look and feel of the app for different users. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to architect these systems and be responsible for realizing new experiences. You will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side. In this role you will Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization. You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow both technically and professionally
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Ensure consistency of your team's’ code and those teams you integrate with
- Help your organization grow into green field technical domain areas
- Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
- Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
The Nice to Haves
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM , as well as HBO On Demand®. and Cinemax On Demand®. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.