We are the team focusing on the customer experience for streaming products. We bring our quality focus to the team to help ensure we are making the right decisions to produce products that work every time and delight our customers.
As a QA Automation Engineer at HBO Max, you will a
* We have multiple opportunities for this role.
- Efficiently coordinate with Feature Release teams to understand and assist in implementing the team’s automated testing needs
- Collaborate with the manual QA team to compose test plans that outline the testing approach for planned product features
- Follow the established policies and procedures of the organization when authoring and implementing automated tests
- Provide comprehensive status reports to QA management and the Feature Delivery Teams with which you are working
- Leverage communication, documentation, preparation and training to educate other disciplines with regard to established and newly developed QA processes
- Support program management teams as needed according to the schedule of releases
- Be curious and actively research new tools and methods that could prove beneficial in the implementation of test automation
- Establish organization of automated tests based on your technical system experience and growing knowledge
- Establish practices that improve and continue to establish studio-wide trust in the automated tests
- Ensure stability of the software release enhancements across all HBO digital products including HBO GO, HBO NOW, MAX GO and HBO MAX
- Perform debugging of automated test failures, in order to assess test stability and confirm the results of reported failures
- 1-3 years experience in both quality assurance and software development
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language
- Ability to author tests to be used in established automation integration tools to multiple platforms (Mobile, Game Consoles, Connected TV Devices, Etc.)
- Having the ability to use and offer helpful input on common software development tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, etc. would benefit the entire team.
- Experience with client/server product releases/deployments of SaaS applications and the product development life cycles required to release the full set of high quality product in a timely manner
- Experience with device specific development; we support a large number of platforms, and knowing how to interface with those devices gives our team the ability to independently test our work before pushing code to source control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced degree in computer science or related discipline
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Unix (bash), Python or Ruby
- Curiosity and the desire to learn is something we love to see in our colleagues; we value personal/career growth and the benefit it brings to the individual and their team
- Industry adjacent experience is very helpful; streaming media and games align very well with what we’re working on and the product we’re delivering to our customers
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBOand Cinemax. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GO and MAX GO , as well as HBO On Demand. and Cinemax On Demand. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.