The Manager will be an integral part of the Program Planning & Strategy team, contributing as a writer and editor of promotional write-ups for upcoming Original Programming, including Series, Films, Specials, Documentaries, and Sports. The position will work closely with the OP Strategy & Planning team, as well as various with other key partner teams across the company.
- Write onelines, summaries, promotional points and episodic synopses for upcoming originals. Edit and proofread OP written materials for style and accuracy of information. Along with editorial team, present content overviews for upcoming originals in monthly cross-departmental meetings.
- Liaise with internal departments, including Programming, Distribution, Digital Products, Creative Services and Media Relations, regarding editorial needs and deadlines. Track deadlines and approval status.
- Liaise with East Coast Programming and Post-Production on availability of screeners and other supporting materials.
- Communicate OP-related updates (i.e. confirmed guest info, etc.) and update on the internal Original Programming SharePoint site. Manage day-to-day maintenance of the OP SharePoint site.
- Respond to requests from key internal stakeholders on in-depth programming content questions.
- Professional with 4-6 years writing/editorial experience, preferably for a major media company.
- Strong writer, with superb attention to detail and copy-editing skills. Excellent organizational and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible, work under tight deadlines and at a high-volume.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or Journalism preferred.
- A passion for entertainment and pop culture.