Warner Content Entertainment Technology seeks a Sr Software Engineer for the Monetization and Workplace Technology group, supporting the Warner Global Brands & Experience business unit (WGBE). This role develops and maintains key WGBE planning and business performance reporting applications. The role will be responsible for query development, data transformation, publishing data sets for reporting (e.g., to Tableau), report and dashboard development, and developing new features to support business growth. This role performs development, testing and deployment, along with some business analysis and operations support activities. This position is suited to an individual who has solid database, SQL skills, and business financial reporting skills, who wants to collaborate with business teams to deliver against short term reporting needs and a 120+ KPI roadmap recently established for WGBE.
- Build & Test. Develop core functionality and components for finance reporting applications, in support of Consumer Products Finance users, particularly with respect to reporting and interfaces. Determine best technology approach for implementation. Apply best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications, working collaboratively with WBT developers, Data Intelligence team, managed services partners and WBCP Reporting Center of Excellence () stakeholders.
- Standards Oversight & Performance Tuning. Work with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are followed for development, documentation and operation of applications. Review reports and code developed by WBCP Reporting Center of Excellence () to optimize performance and harden for production implementation.
- Support. Manage deployment of completed reports, queries and components through Configuration & Change Management processes, in conjunction with application support partners. Identify and facilitate application maintenance (e.g., upgrades, patching) to ensure compliance with architecture and security standards.
- Business Analysis. Analyze data set fitness for purpose to ensure quality and consistency for financial reporting. Understand business requirements and define related functional/technical solutions. Provide input to sprint and release plans.
- Technology Direction. Assist in evaluating new or emerging technologies/software features of enterprise data and reporting platforms for potential uses by WBCP. Develop prototype projects using new technologies to prove out capabilities and provide input to recommendations.
- Bachelors, preferably in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2-3 years of data modeling, data base definition and SQL stored procedure development.
- 2-5 years working with financial systems, particularly business performance reporting (plan vs actual).
- 1-3 years of experience with Tableau (developing & publishing data sets, developing reports, dashboards and shared reporting packages, security model/administration).
- 1-2 years of experience with ETL development (Python preferred).
- 1+ years of Excel Macro development, including VB.
- Tableau report requirements analysis and development.
- Data modeling, data base definition, data analysis and complex stored procedure development, including SQL, structured programming and certification in leading tools (Tableau, Business Objects etc.).
- Exposure to SQL and non-SQL databases such as Snowflakes, Mongo, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Exposure to modern cloud platforms (AWS preferred).
- Understanding of integration architectures, including REST APIs and batch interface best practices.
- Agile Development; Scrum Master training desirable.
- Familiarity with financial reporting required.
- Familiarity with accounting principles required.
- Familiarity with sales contracting / accounts receivable functions preferred.
- Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business desirable.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, (clients, staff, management, vendors, etc.) both written and verbal.
- Excellent listening skills, to understand complex details and oral instructions.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Exposure to working with off-shore teams and client organizations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
- Organizes and schedules work effectively, working well under time constraints and in a fast-paced environment.
- Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- “Self-Starter” who works independently or in project groups and escalates effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be service-oriented, while balancing priorities and resources.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.