Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr Systems Engineer for the BT&WS: Studio Facilities & Theatre Ventures department. The Senior Systems Engineer will provide engineering support, system deployment and administration of cloud, physical, and virtual computing environments for mission critical applications in the Studio Operation application portfolio. This position works closely with other Cloud, Network, System, Cyber, and Infrastructure engineers to implement, support, monitor and maintain production and Dev environments. Additionally, the position coordinates with business partners and IT teams and management to ensure successful deployment of technical changes, upgrades, and new implementations. This senior professional will provide expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 studio operations production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security, in addition to acting as a lead and/or mentor to other technical staff.
- Support mission critical systems, projects and new initiatives.
- Advanced support for systems & applications.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Partner with management, technical teams, and business partners to manage systems, develop best practices, and implement new technologies.
- Manage cloud environments (AWS, Azure), Windows Servers, Virtualized Windows environments.
- Follow up and root cause analysis of technology issues.
- Enhance and implement Monitoring, logging & alerting best practices.
- Architect systems and advice on critical systems design decisions.
- Design and implement process improvements.
- Plan and schedule system and hardware upgrades and updates.
- Prioritize projects and deliver quality work within specified timelines.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Identify new and emerging technologies and solutions that can benefit the company.
- Architect product systems that help achieve business goals.
- Hold clear vision and be able to implement how our product should look and function.
- Document and maintain software functionality and work with service providers to maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Actively drive whole projects forward after it is approved
- Determine approaches to our tech processes and tools.
- Act as mentor and role model and provide direction for less experienced team members/service providers.
- Support a live product in a rapidly shifting technical environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of IT support experience.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of documentation and summarize it for the team.
- Ability to work unsupervised and facilitate less experienced team members during a project.
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands.
- Experience in supporting large scale systems to support business needs.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Extensive experience in Systems, applications, Networking, Servers, Desktop, Monitoring, troubleshooting and end user support. Media experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in administration of Cloud Environments, Windows Server, Virtualization technologies.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving, investigation, diagnostic and teamwork skills.
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to dig into complex problems.
- Expert Jira knowledge.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.