Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Technical Production Manager for the Content Technology & Operations: Production Technology department. The Manager, Production Technology Engineering will be responsible for designing and implementing technology requirements throughout the Content Creation process. This position will be strategically aligned to WB physical production, post production, and visual effects functions,reporting to Production Technology. Responsibilities include pipeline engineering, technical architecture design, R&D, and resolution of complex (tier 3) systems issues.
- Design upstream content workflows and production technology architecture (including reviewing proposed structures by other engineers, vendors, and filmmakers) for all WB feature and episodic production projects. Production technologies include but not limited to cloud & locally hosted applications, media storage servers, render farms, cloud hosted infrastructure, content networks, editorial and playback systems, identity & access management, media file transfer, transcoding, i/o and end user workstationsfor the full physical production lifecycle including R&D, pre-production principle photography, post production and delivery to archives. Includes workflows between all physical production functions (e.g. art department, costumes, props, set dec, previs, VFX, editorial and production office).
- Architect designs and oversees implementation of production technologies (itemized in #1) that enable secure and scalable media production workflows helping to achieve filmmaker requirements. Also includes rethinking and rearchitecting production pipelines to function in a cloud based and geographically distributed ecosystem.
- Oversee production engineering team, providing technical guidance, review and approve overtime work, review new technologies proposed by Production Engineers and Business Units, manage budgets and forecasts, and ensure security policies & best practices are followed.
- Provide tier 3 engineering support of complex production technology issues referred by Production IT Engineers and Production Help Desk.
- R & D of new technologies, workflows & processes (itemized in #1) in order to enhance the creative options available to filmmakers, reduce overall production costs, and increase operational agility while reducing complexity.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Advanced Degree in Computer Science or Other Engineering Disciplines Preferred.
- AWS Solutions Architect and Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect certification desired.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years in Production IT or Production Systems Engineering working directly with filmmakers/TV crew, studio production executives, production & technology vendors.
- 7+ years architecting and delivering complex technology solutions.
- 5+ years experience pitching technology solutions to studio executives & filmmakers to secure approval and fundingExperience working in internal or external business, management or technology consulting on Feature Films and TV Productions.
- Experience advising front line production IT engineers in rapid and creative solutions for multi-facted technology issues.
- Extensive experience working directly with physical production teams in a technology role.
- Solid “Customer Care” experience with an emphasis on the delivery of technical solutions.
- Proven experience working on Content Security and Information Security implementation.
- History of successful delivery of technology and workflow/process improvement projects.
- Strong production & post technology systems engineering skills.
- In-depth understanding of common production application architecture, media storage, technical infrastructure, identity & access management, and cloud architecture & solutions.
- Feature and episodic production operational experience.
- In-depth understanding of feature and episodicworkflows from script to camera to archive.
- General understanding of the functionality & capabilities of common media production applications (PIX, Shotgun, SyncOnSet, Scenechronize, Box, Aspera, Filemaker Pro).
- Agile methodologies for software development, deployment of new technical architure, and resolution of production technology issues.
- Proficiency with business applications including MS Project, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to multi-task while managing changing priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, travel, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- High-degree of independence and self-motivation, enthusiasm for challenging work.
- Development and maintenance of subject matter expertise for solutions used by Feature and TV Production business units.
- Must be able to main
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.