We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This position requires exceptional leadership abilities in the control room, including directing staff, staff development, and program development. The Director is responsible for directing and switching in a fast-paced news and show production environment.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a vision for the program, in concert with the editorial leadership, management and the directors working on the program in other cities.
- This includes long term show planning, as well as determining the forms and content for daily programming.
- Communicates clearly and with authority, representing the views of the producers, when executing a program.
- Coordinates incoming live shots with Feeds/QC and the Assignment Desk.
- Responsible for contributing to a creative and original product that is a reflection of CNNs programming mission.
- Must be able to translate onto the screen the vision for the program.
- Areas of responsibility or approval can include show design and format, set design, lighting, blocking, graphics, show changes, music, sight survey and set-up, live and tape production direction; interacting with all of the experts in these areas.
- Provides technical leadership and management for control room activities and personnel, enforcing CNNs control room policies and procedures.
- Participates in the performance evaluations and provides regular performance feedback to technical and editorial staff.
- Must be a supporter of technology improvements and advancements.
- Maintains established news standards and practices, corporate policies, procedures, quality and safety guidelines.
- Required to input on the building and design of any new technical facilities.
- Required to handle remote broadcasts as needed.
- Required to submit a written report on daily product to CNN management.
- Five years of live production experience
- Operational knowledge of all control room positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, TV production, or related field.
- In lieu of degree we would consider experience and on the job accomplishment.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.