We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This critical leader is in charge of prioritizing and driving CNN International's news agenda - both breaking and day to day news stories.
- The Director of Coverage is responsible for a team of international journalists that discover, chase and verify daily news lines from around the world with particular emphasis on the weekend platforms, both digital and programming.
- The Director is audience focused and has a clear understanding of how content reaches audiences on different platforms.
- S/he is responsible for accuracy, creativity and brand of CNN.
The ideal candidate:
- Loves breaking news, enterprise reporting, delivering scoops and developing stories and themes of coverage.
- Has hunger for chasing news lines, advancing reporting on long running stories and can work to tight deadlines.
- Knows how to coordinate and direct newsgathering in the field and on social and/or other digital platforms.
- Puts the audiences first and considers who the target audience(s) are for each story.
- Thinks in headlines, visuals and framing, connecting dots and creating understanding along the way.
- Is up to date with latest technology in field production, content distribution and broadcasting.
- Is an excellent manager that shapes a team and rewards teamwork.
- Is a tireless collaborator and navigator of the people and systems at CNN.
- Protects and enhances CNN newsgathering's industry leading operation.
- The right candidate sees opportunity here and can work across platforms and departments and genres (e.g. television, digital, shows, affiliates, audio etc) to guide storytelling and direct news coverage.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.