Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT and truTV - including NBA on TNT, March Madness, ELEAGUE on TBS, NBA TV and MLB on TBS. Turner Sports is also the parent company of Bleacher Report, the #1 destination for millenials. The social media team sits within the Turner Sports content division.
Director, Social Programming & Insights
- The Director of Social Programming sets the publishing strategy across the Turner Sports portfolio of social media handles and manages the implementation of that strategy.
- This includes management of the Insights & Community Management teams who work in concert to strategically fill the feeds with content at the right time, in the right voice & on the right platforms.
- As a programmer, this role will stay in lock step with linear & digital programming teams, as well as our counterparts at the leagues.
- And as a thought-leader in the data-informed content space, this role will also provide influence in the digital, linear, marketing & research departments that live beyond TS Social's purview.
- This person needs to be a distinct blend of left and right brain - blending the analytical practice of content performance with the creative practice of content programming.
- 10-12 years of work experience managing social media channels and team members.
- Experience within the sports media or sports management industry a plus.
- Knowledge of content creation, social media publishing workflows
- Understanding of content creation workflow
- Experience gathering, synthesizing and translating insights into actionable recommendations
- Outstanding internal support/service and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Must have working knowledge of social data engines (such as Sprinklr, Conviva, Crowdtangle, Spredfast, etc)
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.