This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia’s Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
- Lead a team of developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
- Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployment
- Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
- Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
- Hands-on experience with a UI frameworks such as Angular or React.js
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
- Expertise designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins and Git
- Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and business team members
- Ability to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.