WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO Max, HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia’s Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
- Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
- Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
- Mentor junior engineers
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
- Strong front-end experience with AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience implementing REST APIs in a microservice architecture
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications on AWS
- Knowledge of behavior-driven design and/or test-driven design and design patterns
- Experience implementing message driven applications using various messaging technologies
- Expertise in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools Jenkins and GIT. Kibana or AppDynamics experience a plus
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.