We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Producer I to join the Inside Politics Sunday team in Washington, DC.
• Must have a strong segment producing vision –work includes pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed. Involving identifying guests, video elements and graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
• Coordinating execution of segments and show live from control room---as well as shepherding video and graphic elements.
• Developing graphics for segments or Magic Wall based on theme. Which requires a knowledge of effective infographics and familiarity with polling data.
• Collaborating with newsgathering, the Row and Media Operations to obtain the best elements. Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
• Managing all rundown elements. Ability to cut video (VOs & SOTs) on a tight deadline and appreciation of what makes an effective element for an introduction vs an interview or discussion.
• Three years broadcast producing experience preferred; four years a plus.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent research and writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
• Must be able to cut video –proficiency with Adobe Premiere.
• Must love news, politics and polling and be good at explaining it to a wide audience.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.