Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Director, Production Safety for the Safety & Environmental Affairs department. This position will be responsible for providing production safety guidance to assigned Warner Bros. TV, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Horizon, Telepictures and WB associated entities producing theatrical motion picture, television and other content on distant and local location, as well as at our Studios. This person will work closely with the Safety Department, Production personnel, Regulatory Agencies and various other Warner Bros. departments to reinforce safety standards in all our productions. This position may also be asked to work on general safety and environmental matters.
- PRIORITIZE: This position determines which productions on the assigned list have a higher risk potential and takes appropriate actions to increase safety factors. This position determines when a WB Safety presence is needed, how to increase production compliance with required regulatory matters, and develops relationships with production crews in order to assess their experience level and need for monitoring.
- COMMUNICATE CONCERNS: In order to reduce foreseeable potentially hazardous activities, this position is responsible to discuss potential concerns with appropriate department heads. Concerns include: unusual locations, stunts, stunt rigging, special effects, proximity of action to actors, employees, or the public. Responsible to assess all potential hazards to employees, the public at large, and property.
- PRESENCE (Travel and Location): This position takes appropriate actions to increase safety on productions, based on experience and information regarding each production. Some visits are announced and others are not. When time is available and another WB production is nearby, this position maximizes opportunities to visit other crews. This position may be assigned work outside the US.
- RESOLVE PERCIEVED SAFETY ISSUES: This position is familiar with critical aspects of filmmaking including camera positioning, framing, visual effects, POV, FX equipment, and routine stunt parameters and appropriate safeguards. With minimal impact to the production, this position is able to work effectively with Production to alter scene elements to reduce perceived risk by management, cast or crew.
- RESPOND FLEXIBLY AND APPROPRIATELY: This position must have the ability to show great flexibility and problem solving skills. When significant last minute script changes are made impacting crew, public or property safety, these elements are to be discussed with WB Risk Management and the WB production executive. Whenever unresolved issues regarding employee safety remain a concern, this position remains on site and acts as oversight until a resolution is reached.
- REGULATORY LIAISON: This position acts as the liaison between applicable local regulatory agencies and the production crew to comply with and enforce government mandates. This position will ensure WB Safety expectations are met, studio protocols are followed, required documentation is maintained, compliance with mandatory training and credentials, and will also assist with notifications required by specific States, Provinces, Agencies, and WBSF Departments. Researches shooting locations in order to ensure compliance with the all environmental regulations.
- PARTICIPATE IN INVESTIGATIONS: Address and assist with agency investigations, find any problems, eliminate or minimize fines, maintain WB’s standards, and avoid repeat violations.
- MANAGE / ADVISE PRODUCTION COVID-19 COMPLIANCE: This position will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the UPM and other department heads. Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines. Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines. Advice the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19.
- IMPROVE INDUSTRY SAFETY: May serve or participate on the motion picture industry’s CSATF/AMPTP Safety Committee and other committees to ensure reasonable industry approach to production related matters affecting both Management and Labor. Will gather information for use in interpreting new or proposed State regulatory standards and the effect they may have on production. Review course material applicable to production and ensure content is relevant, understandable, and achievable by production employees.
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelors / Masters degree in relevant area preferred, Safety/Environmental certification preferred.
- 5+ years of previous leadership experience working with productions, television or features, including action shows, reality television and single camera strongly preferred.
- Candidates with knowledge of critical aspects of film making including camera positioning, framing, visual effects, POV, FX equipment and routine stunt parameters and stunt performer protection.
- This position must have the ability to show great flexibility and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills are required for this position as this person will be interacting with all levels of personnel on a regular basis, and must be able to do so with great tact, patience and maturity to help influence satisfactory outcomes with a broad variety of clients.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.