We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Senior Business Coordinator will provide comprehensive staff scheduling support to Digital Editorial teams, along with Ariba invoice coding and processing.
- Provide operational support to CNN Digital Editorial staff located in multiple domestic and international locations.
- Ensuring all 24/7/365 shifts are appropriately and accurately staffed using workschedule.net, approving PTO, utilizing freelance resources with attention to skill sets and budget, managing holiday PTO lottery, fielding sick outs and finding cover.
- Communicate schedule changes proactively and frequently, with attention to detail.
- Update workschedule.net regularly with recurring shift changes, adding new and removing inactive employees, ensuring the data is always up to date.
- Awareness of news cycle and attention to breaking news are paramount, as is acting with a sense of urgency.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the nuances of editorial roles and how the parts make up the whole.
- Regular, proactive communication with senior editorial staff on staffing needs.
- Review and coding of invoices for client groups utilizing Ariba, ensuring all costs are coded with proper allocations, including ACEs.
- First point of contact for vendors as well as updating all necessary forms such as W9's.
- Submission of invoices in a timely manner obtaining necessary approvals and documentation, by communicating with various departments across the CNN organization.
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for data integrity.
- Actively participate in the larger Business Administration organization, attend team and department meetings, share knowledge and suggest workflow improvements.
- Learn other areas of the business to become well-versed in BA support across the organization.
- May be called upon to provide backup support for Business Coordinators on the team.
- Duties of this role are subject to change and expand based on the needs of the CNN Digital organization.
- BA preferred, or equivalent experience & training
- 3-5 years of strong staff scheduling experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & iOS programs
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred
- Technology savvy
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a broad range of employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service and time management skills.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.