WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Staff Machine Learning Engineer will be part of a team of talented Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers and engineers to develop innovative machine learning algorithms, scalable ML system, and AI applications for HBO Max.
As the Staff ML Engineer, you will be focused on developing and deploying personalization and recommender system, search, experimentation, audience, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
You will partner closely with product, engineering, content, marketing, and research stakeholders across WarnerMedia to identify ML opportunities, accelerate AI innovation, and to ensure delivery of impactful solutions for the business.
- Collaborate with product owners, data scientists and engineering teams to evaluate effectiveness of deployed ML model.
- Work with data scientists, data engineers and solution analysts to design best-suited, robust and scalable ML endpoints for content discovery, personalization.
- Design and develop robust and scalable experimentation approach for model evaluation.
- Experience in writing production level-code and engage in code reviews.
- Lead machine learning model deployment and production execution.
- Experience of deploying ML models on big data volumes and optimize performance.
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks and expertise with at least one.
- Contribute in research, design, experimentation, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of ML model lifecycle.
- Research and implement best practices to enhance existing machine learning infrastructure.
- Design and implement data quality framework on content metadata pipeline
- Maintain and own all workflow documents up to date.
- MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Information Science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant and hands-on experience in machine learning with track record of processing, enriching and extracting value from large datasets.
- Strong experience in incrementally building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
- Familiar with various data science techniques, hands on experience with ML frameworks, concepts and implement models developed into production environment.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic, team environment with possible remote organization with minimal documentation and process.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Entertainment or media industry a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies and frameworks is critical:
- Apache Spark, Apache MxNet, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch,
- S3, EMR, Sagemaker, Personalize, Lambda, Step functions, Cloud Watch, etc.
- Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkScala, SQL, Hadoop, Scala, Jupyter notebook
- Relational, non-relational databases (Snowflake, DynamoDB) and graph databases
- Content metadata, media supply chain
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.