Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
We're looking for a US-based soccer fanatic who knows how to ideate and create engaging sports content. Take a look at our app and social media for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package. BR Football's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to soccer fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that BR Football provides the best user experience across platforms and grows an engaged US soccer audience, our Sr. Managers' responsibilities include executing our US-focused content strategy through ideating and leading the creation of original content. This role is focused on Soccer, but a strong knowledge of major US sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Colleges etc.) is necessary.
- Setting the tone, look and feel of BR Football and Bleacher Report's original soccer content
- Meeting / strategizing with leaders from other business units to align goals and ensure support Signing off on high impact text, graphic, video and multi-media content offerings
- News and social media monitoring
- Swift editorial response and decision making
- Providing mentorship / coaching to junior staff
- Playing an integral part of the hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Provides guidance for resource allocation and needs
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 - 6 years of professional sports media, social media, journalism or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree with focus in related field such as journalism, sports management, media studies
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and any experience with CrowdTangle would be considered a major plus.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for detail is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
- Experience in video production / editing is a major plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.