Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
We're looking for a sports fanatic and culture junkie who knows how to find and distribute engaging sports content. Take a look at our homepage, app, social media channels and newsletters for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package. Bleacher Report's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to sports fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that Bleacher Report provides the best user experience across platforms, Bleacher Report's programmers' responsibilities include: distributing breaking news, distributing internal/external content, creating social media posts, posting highlights, writing hooks/captions, and assisting the editorial staff in new story idea generation. This role covers primarily Soccer during both weekdays and weekends.
- Identifying breaking news, viral content hits and video highlights in real time. Publishing identified content immediately to social accounts that he/she is running independently.
- Setting the tone, look and feel of Bleacher Report's social media accounts
- News and social media monitoring to identify what is trending in sports and relevant pop culture
- Timely and clean stylized hook writing in line with the social voice of our accounts
- Swift editorial response and decision making, often without supervisor's oversight
- Assisting and collaborating with the editorial staff in new story idea generation
- Minimum Requirements
- 1 - 2 years of internship or professional sports media experience
- Desirable Requirements
- High level social/mobile media understanding, especially in the realms of sports and culture. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine and Snapchat, and any experience with Crowdtangle would be considered a major plus.
- Possesses strong writing and communication skills.
- Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.