The Manager, Content Data Science will be a part of the Data Science team responsible for the day to day output for WarnerMedia's streaming service.
- Lead development of content demand forecasting, content valuation, and promotion models to drive HBO Max content decision-making.
- Develop and build innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning algorithms, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to support content creation, acquisition, marketing, and distribution strategies and initiatives.
- Partner with content analytics and engineering teams to develop tools and foundational data sets for consumption from technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Develop content demand roadmaps, and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive implementation and measurement.
- Build and lead a best-in-class data science team. Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in latest machine learning approaches, and to introduce new techniques and processes.
- Manage projects priorities and ensure timely delivery. Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring data science models.
- Prepare and present data science results and analytical insights to stakeholders and leadership.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, or other equivalent quantitative fields (Ph.D. preferred)
- 4+ years of work experience in Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
- Strong machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling expertise, such as causal inference modeling, ensembles, neural networks, reinforcement learning, NLP, and computer vision
- Proficiency in machine learning and deep learning languages and platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Works well in greenfield areas and is not afraid of ambiguity
- Deep knowledge of software engineering best practices including version control, testing, and deployment pipelines (CI/CD) in the context of machine learning
- Solid experience on database development, management and ETL on big data platforms
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of dashboarding (Tableau, Looker, etc.) or of equivalent report building experience, not required but a plus
- Works effectively with cross functional teams to build trusted partnerships
- Working experience in digital media and entertainment industry preferred
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.