As a member of the UX Research team, the UX Research intern will assist with conducting innovative qualitative research supporting the user experience of HBO Max video streaming service. User research insights fuel the design and development process to ensure a useful, usable, and delightful entertainment experience for our viewers. You will work closely with product teams to infuse user empathy and perspectives throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product management, design, and research teams to identify important research questions.
- Work closely with UX researchers to support generative, iterative, and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs, and the end-to-end user experience.
- Lead a capstone project including but not limited to; research study design, remote study coordination, moderating study sessions, data analysis, and working with teams on implementing study findings.
- Dive into emerging UX topics to uncover user perspectives and best practices for video streaming to inform the product design process.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design methods from generative field research to iterative design research to remote/lab-based usability tests.
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present research findings clearly.
- Experience integrating research findings into product designs and practices.
- Self-starter, highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Agile/growth mindset, curiosity about users, passion for great design
The Nice to Haves
- Degree or in-depth course work in UX Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
- Proficiency with remote study and collaboration tools, like usertesting.com.
- Experience working as a researcher and collaborating with small product teams.
- Strong interest in media streaming services, viewing behaviors, and associated trends.
- An online portfolio or work samples with study plans, reports, and outcomes.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.