Supervise APAC creative development budget for digital media and interactive marketing for film releases, as well as leading development of creative with roster of creative agencies. Ensure local territory organic social creative strategy is aligned with their paid strategy. Inspire local APAC marketing teams to embrace digital innovation, sharing best practices and ideas across territories and driving opportunities for innovation and excellence in the digital space.
Ensure we have strong relationships with social media platforms, influencer networks and local exhibitors to build partnerships, plans and strategies that result in meaningful earned media. Work closely with the local territory digital, media and publicity teams to ensure the digital strategic direction for each release is successfully implemented to plan. Communicate and work with Home Office during the campaign planning and implementation process, to provide information as required for filmmakers, production companies and other stakeholders.
Key department lead and point of contact for major digital initiatives across the region including APAC social & social listening. Drive film strategy from key insights from social listening. Ensure that social insights are informing and shaping our creative campaigns. Work with the Digital and Marketing Coordinator to lead influencer programs, including strategy and content review. Provide regular updates with the Head of Marketing APAC to ensure that all campaigns are running according to schedule, on budget and in line with creative requirements. Work with local territories on implementing pan-APAC campaigns, ensuring timely asset delivery for creation and localization of materials.
Essential job functions
- Work closely with Marketing Director and Head of Marketing APAC, local marketing teams & Home Office on development of social media strategy across APAC, sharing best practices and initiatives.
- Work with Home Office SVP & VP International Media and Planning on annual international WarnerMedia and WB media deals and partnerships with key media owners including Google, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Drive forward new relationships with key partners in the social media space, to ensure our theatrical campaigns are innovative and optimised to the highest standard. These include (but are not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, TikTok and YouTube. At the forefront of new means of marketing online on new platforms, as they become available, and recommend initiatives to markets.
- Work with Regional Marketing team to develop a broader data strategy for the region, in conjunction with Home Office digital and media teams. This should include test and learn initiatives around data analysis (working with designated media agency) and supporting local markets in partnering with local exhibition partners to develop joint data sharing deals.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator, APAC to lead influencer programs, including strategy, content review. Oversee market nominations and set visits for select films with Marketing Coordinator APAC. Recommend and share best practices across APAC Markets and with Home Office Digital and Media teams.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator, APAC to communicate best practices and share digital initiatives across local markets and report back to broader regional team and Home Office.
- Liaise with Home Office to keep team informed of all local digital marketing campaign initiatives, both paid for and non-paid, utilising content and assets developed by Home Office in order to inform content asset development strategy and encourage best implementation by territories.
- Ensure that we are testing new social platforms and refining our practice on established platforms.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator, APAC to closely review paid and non-paid publicity asset debuts, such as trailers, photography, featurettes, evaluating key media partners to drive maximum media value and visibility to complement paid for digital activity.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator, APAC to spearhead our on-set taskforce for assigned films to ensure we capture content from film production that can be strategically activated on our digital channels and with editorial partners.
- Lead best practice social media research – work with vendors and internal stakeholders to measure the effectiveness of all our social media efforts. Ensure that social insights are informing and shaping our creative campaigns.
- Drive film strategy from key insights from social listening. Monitor social listening across all key moments of campaign and highlight any concerns from sentiment or volume. Work with Home Office Digital Analytics team to monitor social listening reports, share and analyse with markets and implement strategies to address any concerns or understand successful strategies which have positively impacted social volume and sentiment.
- Exploring emerging tech opportunities and integrating them into campaigns where additional ROI is possible.
- Work with Marketing Director, APAC on general campaign activation approvals such as local dubbing campaign special activations, one off non-digital media partnerships, advertorials, larger media promotions etc.
- Approve develop and activate experiential projects, both market and APAC team initiated, including prop/costume tours, truck/train tours, escape room concepts and creative, immersive screenings, pop up shops etc.
- Previous experience in digital media, data, and marketing, with experience of creative development, management of creative and media agencies.
- Experience working with international markets and understanding of multi-lingual and different cultural approaches, with the ability to leverage this knowledge to maximise and tailor relevant digital media opportunities.
- Proficiency in multiple languages preferred.
- Previous experience in digital media and marketing, with experience of creative development, management of creative and media agencies and data insights.
- Passionate and highly knowledgeable about all areas of digital technology, media and social media, with an ability to effectively explain technical opportunities to nascent digital markets and less technical team members.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communicator with ability to develop excellent relationships across multiple markets, Home Office and creative agencies and partners.
- Excellent creative eye with ability to lead development of creative assets with roster of creative agencies to ensure maximum impact and efficacy.
- Knowledge of insights tools such as Google Analytics, You Tube and Facebook insights. A natural aptitude for drawing insights from data and the ability to channel these into influencing digital strategy for future releases.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.