We are WarnerMedia Studios, an in-house production and post-production facility focused on next generation content creation. We are designed to support and promote the WarnerMedia brands by bringing the creative ideas to life. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative, and innovative artists, we work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia. Whether it is a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative, or a corporate communications tool, WarnerMedia Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate, and create.
The Edit Apprentice is a temporary assistant editor position within WarnerMedia Studios where the selected candidate will support the TNT, TBS, truTV, and HBOMax brands to prepare, process, and deliver various on-air and digital editorial requests. Working directly with the brands' production and post-production teams, the Edit Apprentice will work efficiently, consistently, and meticulously to fulfill requests and ensure that everything is being delivered at the highest quality.
This position is designed for a dedicated and experienced craftsperson who has a keen eye and passion for storytelling, a creative and technical knack for editing and media management, and a strong desire to take on any challenge.
- Organizing, transcoding, and transferring media for edit sessions and final deliveries
- Creating and preparing projects (gathering, organizing, and importing media; creating sequences; etc.)
- Processing show dailies/footage, pulling selects, and creating clip reels
- Creating and delivering show screeners for approvals, viewing, or archive
- Capturing hires screengrabs and clippings for promotional use
- Creating or embedding caption files for promotional use
- Prepping projects for color and audio
- Preparing projects for delivery and archive
- Integrating the use of scopes, audio mixers, and automated processes to QC media before delivery
- Delivering files for air and digital
- Previous experience with assistant editing in a commercial or broadcast environment
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes, including asset and project management
- Experienced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Familiar with asset and project management software
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of the WarnerMedia brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.