As a Business Intelligence Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to develop the data models and semantic layer used in the analyses and dashboards that drive decision-making across the organization. You'll define key business metrics, automate data transformation & testing, and advance standards for data quality and self-service business intelligence.
- Build data models in Snowflake and Looker that support flexible querying and data visualization.
- Advance automation efforts in data processing & testing that help the team spend less time manipulating & validating data and more time analyzing it.
- Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback.
- Train fellow employees on best practices for BI data modelling and help others act as successful stewards of our data and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics, or similar required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence/data engineering.
- 2+ years of writing clean, optimized SQL.
- Experience with general-purpose programming (e.g. Python, Java, Go), dealing with a variety of data structures, algorithms, and serialization formats.
- Experience in transforming flawed/changing data into consistent, trustworthy datasets, and in developing DAGs to batch-process millions of records.
- Knowledge in data-warehousing concepts such as star schemas, slowly changing dimensions, ELT/ETL, and MPP databases.
- Ability to build reports and dashboards with BI tools (such as Looker and Tableau); experience in designing effective Looker Explores is a big plus.
- Proficiency with Git (or similar version control).
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation, and to communicate generally with a high degree of precision.
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and time constraints simultaneously.
- Care for the quality of the input data and how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used.
- Experience with big-data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive) is a plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.