WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Director of Communications, DTC (Direct To Consumer) will work closely with the HBO Max executive team to tell stories of innovation in the streaming space in addition to highlighting editorial content curations and leading communications for the international roll out of HBO Max. They will be responsible for a portfolio of DTC executives, tasked with placing high impact press stories in entertainment, technology and business publications as well as securing speaking opportunities at high profile industry festivals and events throughout the year. They will manage the Associate Manager, Communications, guiding the strategy of HBO Max’s PR social media handles to align with DTC priorities and generating stories about HBO Max’s curated content offerings. They will report to the Communications Lead, DTC.
- Manage PR campaign for International roll out of HBO Max, starting with Latin America in 2021
- Build and manage public profiles for portfolio of DTC executives
- Partner closely with DTC teams to position HBO Max a leading innovator in the streaming space, both domestically and abroad
- Partner closely with HBO Max editorial team to create PR opportunities around holidays, cultural events and programming anniversaries
- Guide editorial strategy for HBO Max PR social media handles, aligning with HBO Max brand social and editorial teams on priorities
- 7+ years corporate communications experience at a major television or streaming brand
- Strong relationships at key business and trade publications, with a particular focus on technology, entertainment and marketing (Wired, FastCompany, TechCrunch, Adweek, etc.)
- Relationships with organizers at key festivals such as SXSW, CES, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to generate opportunities for multiple executives at a time
- Experience managing a team, with proven ability to help direct reports sets and achieve goals and develop in their careers
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.