The WarnerMedia StoryWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The JobThe HBO Max Program Management Office (PMO) is the central hub that coordinates and supports the efforts of HBO Max teams across functional workstreams and projects throughout WarnerMedia. The PMO provides the framework, including the processes, practices, tools and people, necessary to successfully structure and deliver projects and programs to meet strategic priorities across the business.
The Virtual HBO Max Program Management Intern, Summer 2021 will support a team of Directors and Project Managers within the HBO Max Program Management Office (PMO). The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the video streaming industry, a demonstrated interest in project management, and will be comfortable working across a variety of platforms and systems with a variety of teams to successfully execute critical, high visibility HBO Max projects.
The DailyThis highly cross-functional role will primarily focus on driving project management activities with internal stakeholders and developing operational efficiencies within the HBO Max Program Management Office.
- Support a team of Project Managers, adding value to a portfolio of projects and program management activities simultaneously.
- Provide structure and momentum to program and project management activities through detailed note taking and action item identification and management.
- Develop and manage project plans and Gantt charts, using activity durations and dependencies to model project delivery timelines and inform scope and resourcing.
- Work with project teams to establish and continuously manage progress towards key project milestones for internal clients throughout WarnerMedia.
- Synthesize project status, including risk and issue management, into powerful visual presentations for senior stakeholders.
- Multitask across diverse business groups and dynamically learn fundamental elements of new business areas and technological constructs as needed.
- Evolve internal platform foundational systems and frameworks to suit the needs of specific clients and projects, improving and developing new templates.
- You are currently enrolled in an MBA program.
- You are interested in working for a streaming platform and operating at the crossroads of media and technology.
- You are interested in exploring a career in program management within the media industry.
- You have experience owning and driving the success of projects from ideation to delivery.
- You possess the interpersonal skills to build trusted relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and coordinate activities across disparate teams in a remote environment.
- You have the creative ability to customize processes to meet the requirements of varying environments, including working with an array of project and portfolio management tools and technologies.
- You can quickly adopt core project and portfolio management tools, including Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Jira, etc.
- You are dynamic and goal oriented, able to think strategically, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Full-time schedule (35-40 hours/week) designed for full program immersion.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward MBA students.
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status