WarnerMedia seeks a Director - Software Engineering (Mobile) for the CNN.com department. This is an exciting position for a leading global news provider. This position will Head Mobile Engineering by ensuring technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring as well as direct management of Technical Managers and Architects, and direct and indirect management of 10+ developers. The Tech Director partners with other Technology, Product, Design and Delivery Leaders to help teams deliver on product initiatives and operational execution. The Technical Director offers expert recommendations for tools, strategies, best practices and software lifecycle processes and solutions to help create, enable and support delivery of solutions.
- Provide technical leadership in support of CNN Mobile applications and supporting production and build infrastructure.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams.
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to customer needs.
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital strategy, standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
- Provide management oversight to Tech Managers, Architects, Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals.
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product, Design and Editorial teams.
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture.
- Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities.
- Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
- Drive for strategy and technology planning.
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains.
- Actively mentor application development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming technical initiatives.
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.