Lead collaborator to all HBO Max Retail (Direct and IAP) business areas (Sales & Distribution, Strategy, Business Operations, etc.) and various departments (Engineering, Product, Commerce, Business Operations, Data Analytics, Business Affairs, Tax, etc.), while providing DSR COE team regular updates and guidance ensuring awareness of impacts to business processes (e.g., Subscriber Reporting), Financial Accounting (e.g., revenue recognition, payment processing) and Financial Reporting (incl. Strategy and Planning depts).
The role will oversee the technical infrastructure, by owning the data integrity validations (e.g., change control) and day-to-day operations of HBO Max global distribution.
The Senior Director/Lead will serve as lead collaborator to all HBO Max Retail (Direct and IAP) business areas, department leads and cross functional partners and will oversee the technical infrastructure, by owning the data integrity validations (e.g., change control) and day-to-day operations of HBO Max global distribution.
This role owns understanding the business considerations and where applicable strive to influence business decisions by providing expert opinion and direction (e.g., adding new fields to capture new data points); owns the impacts of business decisions (e.g., changes in pricing and promotions); drives strategy on how data is captured and stored (e.g., product and promotion databases and reporting data warehouses) and how the data is to be used for financial accounting processing and reporting.
The Senior Director/Lead will then play the most pivotal role of providing regular updates and guidance to the DSR COE Operations and Reporting team and various finance departments (Accounting, Planning, etc.), ensuring awareness of impacts to business processes such as Subscriber Reporting (e.g., partner with the Reporting lead in the creation, review and delivery of reporting metrics), Financial Accounting (e.g., revenue recognition, payment processing) and Financial Reporting.
They will play a critical role in Project Management, from ownership of the DSR COE Open Task List to disseminating projects and tasks to the entire COE team allowing for facilitation of discovery and requirements gathering phases, to design and planning phases, to stakeholder and task follow ups, to end-to-end testing for successful rollout of projects.
- Primary point of contact for Engineering, Product, Commerce, Business Operations, Data Analytics, Business Affairs, Tax, etc. to understand HBO Max business considerations (e.g., product and promotional offerings); support existing systems (reporting and accounting) and ensure financial processing and subscriber reporting integrity.
- Liaise with HBO Max Retail, Sales and Distribution and Finance on all reporting and planning needs to ensure reporting tools and reports have the data required.
- Partner with Finance (Accounting, Planning, Strategy) and HBO Max Retail leadership while working with DSR COE team to ensure subscriber reporting integrity relating to HBO Max subscriber metrics and KPI's
- Work with senior management to facilitate the communication between DSR COE and various departments regarding open issues, project prioritization, project planning and management, resource allocation and resolutions.
- Identify and drive reporting opportunities, regarding both data compiling and presentation, through the Reporting team
- Coordinate with Technology for financial system transaction upload modifications as required (e.g., promotional bounty processing) and Report build or modifications as required (e.g., adding new field)
- Maintain BI created data analytics dashboards (Looker) and existing built reports from the data warehouse (~25); modifying as needed (e.g., adding AVOD/SVOD distinction) to ensure financial accounting processing, subscriber reporting and various data reconciliations
- Finance lead to review and approve HBO Max Promotional Offer considerations by working with Business Operations to understand reporting and financial accounting requirements.
- Oversee testing for all systems including Billing (v1 Stripe, v2 Commerce); Promotions (Citadel), Financial (Transactions and Cash) and Reporting (Sigma, Zeppelin, Periscope, Snowflake, Looker) as needed
- Operationalizing and Reporting of new initiatives (e.g., HBO Max AVOD; HBO Max International; New IAP Partners and Payment Gateways & Merchants)
- Understand deliverables and business changes in order to maintain project workload and timelines (e.g., Subscription Source Standardization project to move global data to one data warehouse).
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is a plus.
- Minimum 12+ years relevant public or public / private work experience.
- Entertainment industry and / or multinational business experience, a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.