We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Supervising Producer will manage CNN’s Agencies team, the Washington-based unit which covers the issues and politics of the federal government, especially in the areas of transportation, homeland security and immigration, business and environment.
As the beat leader, you will be responsible for story choice with an emphasis on original reporting that breaks news, crafting of the stories for TV and digital, vetting reporting, and advising the network at large about how to report on these diverse areas of coverage.
- Supervising Producer will work with reporter and producers to conceptualize sharply framed enterprise stories and harness reporting on key agencies and their impact on Americans. Key areas include business, environment, transportation, homeland security and immigration
- Combine strong editorial development and strong narrative writing skills to shape unique reporting
- Communicate and coordinate closely with top leadership in the bureau across newsgathering, digital and television on enterprise reporting
- Bring together reporting in the best possible way working with television and digital journalists in our integrated newsroom
- Coordinate with the assignment desk, show producers and the digital team to determine strategy on day-of-air and breaking news coverage.
- Assign producers and correspondents, plans for coverage and meets with the unit to discuss editorial content and elements.
- Direct and oversee live reporting and communicates developments to the network.
- Approve reporting, scripts and wires; coordinates discussion with the Legal and Standards & Practices departments; and views final edited produced packages when possible.
- Work with the managing editor, and planning staff to coordinate coverage of developing stories.
- Lead, coach, and develop staff by setting expectations against business objectives and competencies.
- Extensive experience in editorial decision-making, 7-plus years
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and talent.
- Show a passion for political and Washington news, and embrace the urgency politics demands.
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, making independent decisions to prioritize reporting.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Understanding of digital and television, and ability to move seamlessly between both.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.