The Associate Producer of Development, Original Series will help manage the pitch process for internal and external series, as well as assist with the development and piloting of all CNN internal original series. S/he might assistant in the production of podcast created by internal teams.
- Handle and track all pitches.
- Work closely with producer and senior producer on episode outlines.
- Research industry trends and the competitive audio landscape.
- Listen to all cuts of external episodes and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
- Assist producer with all internal pilots, both paper and audio cuts for listener feedback.
- Prepare promotional decks for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate all artwork and artwork assets for external productions.
- Create and upload social media posts and monitor content.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You must have prior audio experience, a passion for building something from the ground up, and deep understanding of the audio industry.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of editorial experience in an audio-first news environment.
- Great writing skills and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Strong communication skills communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Experience in marketing/social media a plus.
- Experience with operating audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Passion for politics, history, and popular culture.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.