Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Sales for the DC Comics department.
This position is responsible for driving revenue for DC comics and graphic novels in specialty, book, mass, and lifestyle channels globally. The Director of Sales is expected to be a strong leader with command of the sales planning and solicitation process and general knowledge of DC Comics mythos and character lore. This position is charged with improving DC’s presence in retail accounts and creating incremental sources of revenue in partnership with agency partners.
- Sales Plans. Develop an annual sales plan for all retail channels, establishing revenue goals for retail accounts, title-specific publishing goals, and accounting for coop-based placement and sales promotions. Create new publishing programs for priority initiatives and key title releases designed to attract new audiences across all ages, stages, cultures and interests. Revisit plans monthly, including sell-in and sell-thru results and coop spend, with VP, Revenue to measure benchmarks and make adjustments as necessary to hit sales goals.
- Account Management. Oversee day-to-day communication with DC’s distributors and agency partners. Ensure communication of new DC publishing priorities with key internal and external stakeholders to maximize opportunities for expanded retail presence and advertising/sponsorship opportunities for DC-related media tie-ins and initiatives. Attend account sales meetings and trade shows/conventions as necessary to communicate priority titles and new publishing initiatives. Create presentations for each and present account-specific sales plans and placement analysis.
- Business Development. Increase DC’s presence in mass and lifestyle channels worldwide by identifying key retailers and agencies with whom to partner. Negotiate key terms of sales, as necessary, for new accounts not represented by DC’s key distribution partners.
- Sales Reporting. Tabulate sales results weekly for each channel and each key account, benchmarking them against budget goals. Reports should include: 1) priority title results as compared to sales goals, 2) competitive and comparable title results, 3) pre-order tracking, 4) sales by key account YTD vs. Goal / YOY, 5) top adult and top juvenile category sales, 6) sales by country/region. Present post-mortem results for special sales promotions no later than 6 weeks after the execution.
- Minimum 8 years experience in sales, business development, or brand management.
- Comics familiarity required.
- Experience in publishing preferred.
- Experience in trade marketing recommended.
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing or equivalent experience required.
- MBA or MFA a plus.
- Must have the ability to influence others, and drive for results in prioritized manner
- Ability to work effectively with senior level executives
- Highly analytical & a strategic thinker
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Collaborative/relationship builder (works with staff, peers, partners)
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Proficiency in creating dashboards and evaluating the resulting data.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25% of the time).
- Flexibility to respond to off-hours business needs.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.