WarnerMedia seeks an Ad Sales Marketing Lead. The Marketing Lead will report directly to the head of Ad Sales and will manage Branded Content Studios, News, Entertainment, and Portfolio Marketing, Brand Innovation, Presentation Design and Trade and Event marketing for Ad Sales. This role will be expected to bring thought leadership, rigor, insight, creativity, and digital expertise to drive marketing and creative strategy across Ad Sales.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a clearly defined brand strategy and marketplace image that positions WarnerMedia for consistent business growth, enhances brand equity, drives commercial preference, and clearly communications our unique value proposition in the market.
- Work closely with Ad Sales leadership team to understand financial targets and goals to effectively develop marketing programs that drive revenue.
- Partner across the Sales Leadership team to develop and execute Upfront strategy and events
- Works closely with team to develop brand building partnerships that can be deployed to support the launch of major tentpole events as well as long term sustaining presence in the marketplace- key point person to support deal negotiations with external partners as well as gain alignment with internal partners (Sales, Product, PR, PPO, etc.)
- Partner with Research to cultivate data-driven marketing strategies that deliver innovative and efficient paths to the consumer (including digital marketing, social marketing, content marketing, customer acquisition/retention, CRM etc)
- Strong consumer knowledge and ability to use consumer research to help shape strategic plans to develop branded experiences to reinforce brand objectives
- Partner with Product Marketing to communicate and package our innovative product offerings
- Oversee future-state marketing campaigns for marketing content and products that harmonize new and traditional communication strategies and tactics
- Drive innovative approach to both digital and live trade marketing and industry events to build the WarnerMedia brand
- Meet with clients as needed to discuss the marketplace or sell-in marketing programs.
- Meet with ad sales regularly to understand marketplace challenges and opportunities
- Create compelling, high-impact content for the digital, marketing campaigns, press and sales tools
- Ensure quality of internal and external messaging and presentation material Maintain and executes 3rd party marketing partnership initiatives
- Accomplished and respected industry leader with 15+ years of relevant experience in marketing and/or brand management for linear and digital brands
- Proven leadership in directing major projects with a team of internal staff, outside agencies and/or consultants.
- In-depth understanding of the digital and linear media industry, and competitive landscape
- Strong conceptual thinker who drives and fosters a culture of innovation and creativity
- Impeccable communication (written and verbal) and sales presentation skills
- Strong presence and comfort operating at the highest levels both internally and externally
- Extremely organized with ability to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities, across teams and functions
- Proven leadership and people management skills with ability to foster teamwork and collaborative thinking in and across teams
- Ability to lead a large team, exercising discretion and independent/sound judgment, while excelling in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Extensive knowledge of media (TV, digital, advanced media, programmatic (Cable & Broadcast TV, Internet, Digital platforms, etc.) and entertainment
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.