Led by Ann Sarnoff, the Studios & Networks group includes an unmatched collection of world-class brands and creators that covers all entertainment content across Warner Media. This brings Warner Bros.’ divisions including the motion pictures and television studios, DC, gaming, Wizarding World, kids/young adults/classics (Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang, TCM, Cartoon Network Studios, WB Animation), and consumer products, together with HBO, HBO Max, TBS, TNT and truTV. All in the same place, to work together across titles, brands and franchises.
The Financial Planning & Analysis department (FP&A) manages the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media Studios including Actual and Plan cycles (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Range Plan). As part of this process, FP&A is responsible for film cost computation, financial statement preparation and variance analysis submitted to Warner Media.
Warner Media Studios seeks a Senior Manager, Planning and Analysis to join the FP&A team. This individual would manage the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media Studios including Actual and Plan cycles (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Range Plan). The Financial Planning and Analysis department is responsible for consolidation, film cost computation and financial statement preparation and analysis for Warner Media Studios & Networks as submitted to Senior Management, Warner Media and various outside parties.
- Analyze and review the divisional workpapers for Worldwide Television with film cost calculated by-title where applicable for all actuals, monthly update, forecast and budget cycles. Includes analyzing by-title or source driven revenue/costs and the identifying issues and open items. Create product line variance files used to create SOP's during planning cycles.
- Review and analyze the ultimate submissions for all cycles (budget, forecast and actuals) from the business units in preparation for costing.
- Responsible for review and presentation of the divisional cause of change including key drivers, explanations and film cost where applicable allocation for actuals and all planning cycles.
- Review and analyze management schedules and WarnerMedia deliverables (theatrical/television availabilities, drivers, challenge tracking, gross vs.net revenue, sister company distribution, imputed interest breakdown, etc). Assist in the financial outlook submission to WarnerMedia.
- Responsible for the compilation and review of divisional long-range plan submission, which includes collecting the business unit financials via templates and outputting the data for broader consolidation. Present an overview of the business unit submission to FP&A executives and other team members.
- Oversee the preparation of divisional schedules included in the management review binder for the long range plan, which includes various reports to initially help analyze business unit performance and ultimately publish key metrics.
- Determine appropriateness of accounting policy and budget/forecast procedures as well as designing and implementing process improvements. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
- Review and analyze divisional by-title gross profit reports to assist in the preparation of management schedules and submission to WarnerMedia.
- Review and analyze the Monthly WWTV tracking schedule prepared by staff for Management Review.
- Review and analyze the divisional submission for sister company reporting for HBO, HBO Max, Kids & Classics and Turner East to ensure accurate recording of revenue to the correct trading partner and calculation of divisional participation expense.
- Respond to inquiries from business units finance personnel as well as management from both Studio & Networks and WarnerMedia
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc analysis as requested by Studio & Networks and WarnerMedia.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an accounting/finance or related environment required.
- Previous experience in entertainment preferred.
- Must have strong supervisory and personnel development skills, including ability to effectively mentor staff.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required; familiarity with developing & utilizing macros in Excel required
- Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the “big picture” while also maintaining a strong detail orientation.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.