Warner Media Studios seeks a Director, Planning and Analysis to join the by-title P&L reporting team within FP&A. This individual would support the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media products and Warner Bros.’ divisions for Actual and Plan (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Term Plan) periods.
- Act as liaison and assume reporting & analysis responsibilities for by-title business units (Games, Consumer Products) and various direct-to-consumer/other business units (DC Entertainment, Global Brands & Experiences, WB Digital Networks, Theatre Ventures, WB Studio Operations, Technology, Corporate)
- Prepare the divisional workpapers with film cost calculated by-title where applicable for all actual, monthly update, forecast and budget cycles. Includes analyzing by-title or source driven revenue/costs and the identifying issues and open items.
- Review the financial outlook submission to Warner Media for all plan cycles prior to sign-off. Coordinate the submission of deliverables to Warner Media.
- Prepare consolidated (Games) and divisional by-title gross profit reports (Games, Consumer Products) as well as other management schedules (e.g. reconciliation of product line to management view, breakdown of licensing revenue, etc.).
- Responsible for the compilation and review of divisional long-range plan submissions. Analyze business unit performance and ultimately publish key metrics.
- Determine budget/forecast procedures as well as designing and implementing process improvements. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
- Responsible for review and analysis of intercompany eliminations between Games, Consumer Products and DC Entertainment.
- Prepare summary of the divisional submission for sister company reporting for HBO, HBO Max, Kids & Classics and Turner East to ensure accurate recording of revenue to the correct trading partner and calculation of divisional participation expense.
- Respond to inquiries from business units finance personnel as well as management from both Studios & Networks and Warner Media.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting/finance or related environment required.
- Previous experience in entertainment a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
- Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the “big picture” while also maintaining a strong detail orientation.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.