WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Staff Software Engineer for the Code Labs Engineering department.
The WarnerMedia Direct to Consumer Search team is responsible for the search platform used within the HBO Max experience. We drive a core content discovery experience that aims to quickly connect a customer to a specific video while helping them explore the catalog when they are not sure what they are looking for. As the owner of a critical part of the discovery experience, you will have the opportunity expected to use customer behavior to develop a deep understanding of your customers and apply that to each individual’s entertainment activities.
- Collaborating with team members and cross-functional teams to define and identify opportunities to improve customers’ search experience.
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems.
- End-to-end experience supporting large-scale backend systems in production environments
- Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
- Experience with content search systems using modern search technology. E.g. Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr, or an equivalent.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.