Warnermedia seeks a Site Reliability Engineer. This is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Elements of our tech stack include Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Mongo, Jenkins and Elastisearch. You will be a core contributor on our SRE team and will be responsible for reliability, security and scalability of our applications and infrastructure.
- Design in terms of Availability, Reliability, Scalability, Maintainability, and Security
- Code, scale and support the cloud infrastructure supporting Warnermedia's VOD and Live workflows in a cost effective manner.
- Develop tooling and services to provide insight into application and system health.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code best practices to support our cloud infrastructure
- Build, improve, maintain, support CI/CD Pipelines
- Documentation of systems and processes.
- Monitor/troubleshoot production applications and cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to assess potential for adoption
- Contribute to development of operational automation and self-service frameworks
- Participate in tiered support for application and infrastructure needs; this includes weekend and off hours support.
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of AWS, Containers and Kubernetes(EKS, RKE).
- Solid experience in designing, implementing and supporting container based services in the cloud.
- 3+ yrs experience in cloud technololgies with broad exposure to AWS suite of services including S3, RDS, ALB's, Route 53 etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of Unix or Linux system administration at scale.
- Experience with source control, git or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- Self-directed, analytical, and works well in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, operations staff, product managers, and project managers.
- Experience with programming (Python, Golang or shell scripting)
- Experience in Media Technology and Video monitoring is a plus
- Video encoding/transcoding experience a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.