Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Manager, Media Ops Business Process Improvement for the International Operations: Global Client Relations & Content Dist department. The Manager, Media Ops BPI is part of the Client Relations & Operations Strategy team, with ties to the Business Process Improvement and Change team. This team provides business, operational, analytical, and technical expertise and support to the WarnerMedia Global team.
The purpose of this role is to manage the supply chain improvement function locally and to drive business and operational solutions in line with the WMTO global strategy. Working as part of a team to identify and address areas for improvement within the Global supply chain, with a focus on direct to consumer content pipeline and related high complexity and high velocity content distribution, the role is key in ensuring our systems, procedures and workflows are fit for purpose for the business and operation. Working with key people across operations, tech and the business stakeholders, this role will be a valuable partner to continuously analyze, recommend, and improve workflows in line with WMTO’s product / service global and regional strategies.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, well-organized, forward leaning, and an analytical thinker, with a solution driven eagerness to provide results that will drive operational improvements in alignment with business and operational priorities. Demonstrated strength in effective communication is also key, as stakeholders engaged will vary and include subject matter experts across various technical functions and business users.
Supply Chain Operational Workflow Improvement - Analyze current workflows and identify areas for improvement. Pitch, map and coordinate the achievement of these improvements in liaison with key business stakeholders and operational teams.
- Support the creation of new or improved operations-based workflows within the supply chain, to support WM current and future needs, ensuring alignment Globally that meets the business needs.
- In conjunction with data analytics resources, ensure KPI data is established, effective, maintained, and accessible to assist with understanding and managing operational performance tied to core distribution models such as direct to consumer and day and date global distribution.
- Own the continuous improvement projects assigned, in alignment with the strategic business roadmap, focusing on delivering operational efficiency, scale, optimal time to market. Project Management and ownership of roll out of small scale improvements and projects.
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks to help other teams and departments with workflow improvement and automation as well as operational delivery.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to the business through gaining an understanding of the relevant workflows and by applying analytics to support conclusions.
Stakeholder and Participant Engagement
- As directed, support the department head and other designated stakeholders in managing stakeholder relationships within region, capturing business requirements and building a portfolio of priorities.
- Encourage engagement from all teams into the strategic approach to improvements and new initiatives
- When required use data to create reports, presentations, business cases to tell department story to leadership, channel heads etc.
- Effectively prioritize ongoing projects by actively partnering with the wider business to understand their goals and objectives
- Liaison between stakeholders, operations and technology teams (including 3rd party outsourcers) ensuring that all parties have the information needed to be able to do their jobs, make effective and metrics-based decisions and drive forward objectives and outcomes.
Delivery Management And Training
- For certain initiatives, manage the implementation of a project to its completion. This may involve project planning, reporting, risk and issue management, communications planning etc.
- Once workflows are implemented, support the transition into BAU with a view to managing the impact of change and ensuring a good experience for the end user.
- Ensure the targeting goal has been communicated clearly to stakeholders and achieved
- Develop and implement consistent business rules and concepts across various functions as a tool for implementing new products with stakeholders
5-7 years of relevant experience:
- Proficiency in analyzing workflows (quantitatively and qualitatively) and relevant procedures, with recommendations based on business objectives
- Prior Experience / Industry: Technical and Operations experience within a high paced media environment.
- Designing operational processes and process improvements that address business needs (gaps), maximize efficiency, minimize cost, and reduce waste/errors.
- Implementation of operational and supply chain standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Business Analysis within scheduling and workflow tracking software, supporting digital projects / content delivery a plus.
- Coordination of data-driven reporting/tracking improvements
- Knowledge: Preferable - File based workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Mgmt, Engineering (such as Industrial) with relevant work experience required
- Familiarity with Six Sigma methodologies a plus
- Supply Chain Mgmt certifications are a plus
- Strong knowledge of supply chain concepts (plan > source > make > deliver) a plus
- Proven ability to produce high quality data and process insights and recommendations in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on teams and to collaborate on reporting solutions
- Ability to train employees on how to pull reports and read data
- Ability to create executive level presentations summarizing business problems and improvements using data
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little to no direction
- Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to teach and train effectively
- Leadership to drive change and influence others
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.