Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Vice President, Publicity for the WWTVM Communications & Publicity department. The Vice President, Publicity, reports to the Executive Vice President, Publicity & Communications, and is responsible for spearheading consumer publicity campaigns related to scripted programming produced and/or distributed by Warner Bros. Television. The VP supervises and directs the efforts of the TV Publicity staff, and is also responsible for creating and executing publicity campaigns, initiatives, and events for select assigned series as primary publicity executive. In addition, the VP serves as a member of the TV Publicity senior management team and works closely with the EVP, Publicity & Communications, and VP, Publicity & Communications, on a wide range of strategic publicity issues for WBTV and its programming.
In this role, the VP will:
- Spearhead consumer-facing communications campaigns, in collaboration with WBTV publicity and social media teams, to maximize opportunities across all of the Studio’s scripted television properties
- Serve as a thought leader for TV Publicity team and supervise day-to-day consumer publicity activities
- Collaborate with streaming, cable, and broadcast network publicity leadership counterparts to provide Studio support for publicity campaigns
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute promotional events for WBTV programming
- Consumer Publicity and Oversight: Develop innovative publicity opportunities for programming aimed at driving consistent, high-value consumer press attention for ongoing and priority series, including brainstorming new initiatives and devising strategies to capitalize on existing assets (casting, series storylines, etc.). Work closely with network publicity counterparts as well as WBTV publicity and social media teams to devise and execute campaigns for launch and beyond.
- Departmental Leadership: Work closely with Executive Vice President, Publicity & Communications, as part of departmental senior team to provide leadership and direction to — and develop growth opportunities for — publicity staff. Oversee day-to-day consumer publicity activities for WBTV programming, collaborating with publicity team members assigned to these series. Contribute to managing activities of department under direction of EVP. Develop new strategies and refine processes to department benefit.
- Media Relations: Pitch stories to all external media outlets, both for assigned series and across WBTV’s full slate of programming. Understand media desires and exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met.
- Social Media: Follow best practices strategy for the television publicist for social media platforms. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach across all platforms on behalf of WBTV series.
- Brand Management: As key point person for assigned series, represent the shows to external and internal constituencies, and serve as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to programs.
- Events: Work closely with EVP as well as WBTV publicity and social media teams to plan and execute new promotional events for scripted series. Work with team on series participation in annual events such as DC FanDome, Comic-Con, SXSW, and others. Work with publicity and social teams to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 10 years entertainment publicity experience required.
- Previous experience in television and social media required. Studio publicity and events experience a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of entertainment industry required.
- Extensive consumer and trade entertainment press contacts.
- Must have strong understanding of social media and be an active participant on leading platforms.
- Working knowledge of large-scale event production required.
- Previous experience supervising in-house publicity staff and/or agencies preferred.
- Experience working closely with executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet required.
- Proficiency with remote working technology (Teams, WebEx, Zoom, Google Hangout) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Must be well organized.
- Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Must possess exemplary organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain a cheerful disposition in a fast-paced environment and during stressful times.
- Must be able to review and comprehend detailed documents.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have good judgment.
- Must be able and willing to take initiative and to problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.